Universal Human Rights need to be a core part of how we view the world and how we look at each other. See the first section titled Philosophical Foundations for Change which contains the following sections:
- The 7 Philosophical Pillars for Peace within Humanity
- The Declaration of the Universal Rights of Humanity
- The Universal Declaration of Rights of Mother Earth
- Economies for the Common Good
- All laws requiring or enforcing patriotism or nationalism need to be ended for this divides us from each other and the rest of the world.
- End the recital of the Pledge of Allegiance which was created and modified out of fear of the Red Scare.
- End Department of Homeland Security
Immigrants and Refugees
You will also want to check section: US Machine for War and Terrorism.
- No people are illegal.
- End all deportations and immediately create a path for anyone to return who has not committed a violent crime.
- End ICE
- Radical change to our immigration laws including an immediate path to citizenship for all refugees and immigrants within our borders.
- If we do not want to take in refugees then we need to stop creating them around the world not only through our actions that are tantamount to social, political, and economic warfare, but also through exacerbating climate change and not aggressively fighting against it, as well as promoting and not speaking out against white nationalism, racism, and other bigotries.
- If we have meddled with a country in one form or another then we should automatically accept immigrants from that country, since we created the problem or have contributed to it.
- It takes more money to attempt to keep immigrants and refugees out then it does to process and accept them. Once they are here legally then they start paying taxes and become productive and free members of society. By not allowing them a viable path towards legal standing we are missing out on their productivity and taxes, as well as their education, skills, and innovation. How many of the US’s Nobel Prize winners and Fortune 500 companies are due to immigrants?
- We should set up a very large immigration center on the US and Mexico border which should include an expedited immigration process, classes on citizenship, cultural integration, housing and job matching with employer and housing partners, and free daily English/ESL classes.
- ESL classes need to be free for all who want them. Paid Time Off should be given off from work in order to attend these classes which could also be taught on work site too.
- The separation of immigrant children from their parents and imprisoned shall be ended and they ALL shall be returned to their parents, compensated for the extreme violation of their rights, and given an immediate path to citizenship. Any politicians and companies that supported this horrific travesty shall be tried and jailed for Crimes Against Humanity.
- All drugs must be decriminalized, legalized, and regulated.
- Addiction and abuse must be treated as a social health issue.
- Those convicted of non-violent offenses should be immediately released and have records expunged.
- Those who have been imprisoned for drugs should benefit first from drug and hemp legalization.
- Free counseling, education, and job retraining programs should be made immediately available to them to help acclimate them to their new found freedom.
- We should look heavily into the powerful medical uses of THC and LSD.
- Sex Work:
- Sex work must be decriminalized, legalized, and regulated.
- Those convicted of non-violent offenses should be immediately released and records expunged.
- Retraining should be made available.
- my article on sex work
- Assisted suicide
- needs to be legalized nationwide.
Homelessness and Poverty
- Food and water are Human Rights
- Excess food should be sent to shelters and food pantries instead of wasted, especially since the Us throws out 40% of its foods supply each year.
- An organizations should be created to facilitate this process. Tax incentives should also be apart of this solution.
- Housing is a Human Right.
- Excess housing should be used to house the homeless
- It is 3 times cheaper to house the homeless than to not do so.
- Taxes increased on any investment property if there is any level of homelessness in the area.
- If needed, use eminent domain to claim housing to house the homeless.
- Housing prices need to be regulated to fall between being affordable between the minimum wage (or below) and the maximum wage.
- Clothing is a Human Right.
- Excess clothing should likewise be sent to shelters and food pantries instead of wasted.
- Internet access is a Human Right.
- Shift to the Metric System
- Shift to the 24 hour clock
- End Daylight Saving which kills people. [ Time Daylight Saving Time (Last Week Tonight) ]
- Adopt a secondary timekeeping global method – metric time
- Reformed International Fixed Calendar (IFC)
- Energy: All energy production should be classified as a public utility and made public and non-profit
- Internet: The Internet should be classified as a public utility and nationalized or municipally owned.
Colonialism and Indigenous Genocide
- Columbus Day needs to be switched to Indigenous People’s Day.
- Thanksgiving should be switched to Colonialism Awareness and Reparations Day.
- Indigenous languages, history, and medicine should be recorded and codified so we do not lose them and so they can be taught. They are an integral and important part of human history
- Apologize and attempt to make reparations for colonialism and genocide of Africans, Native Americans, and other indigenous peoples.
The US is a melting pot and is becoming more and more diverse every day with religious affiliations as broad as the many sects and denominations of :
- Baha’i Faith
- Native American religions
- Unitarian Universalist
- …and many, many more…
…we need to ensure that our government serves and represents ALL of the people and not just a religious majority. We also need to prevent the many harms and abuses of religions.
- Ban Gay Conversion therapy.
- Ban on Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and Circumcision for anyone under 26 years of age.
- Blue Laws need to be terminated.
- Blasphemy laws need to be ended.
- All laws that require religious tests to hold office must be terminated. They are already unconstitutional.
- Remove religious iconography, phrases, etc from government sponsored things or things on government grounds unless you are willing to allow ALL other religions to do the same and specifically plan for it, otherwise it violates the first amendment. As well:
- remove “In God We Trust” from everything (money, etc).
- remove “under God” from the Pledge of Allegiance (Which itself should be ended).
- remove 10 Commandments statues, plaques, etc
- and no selling that public ground to a private organization to get around this for this is a violation of the spirit of the law and the social contract
- Any religious organization that does not report rape, violence or any other form of abuse must be held accountable and jailed if necessary.
- A religious organization cannot have their own private court systems, police forces, or militaries which end up subverting laws, human rights, and harming or killing innocent people.
- Religiously based organizations such as child care centers must NOT have exemptions to health and safety laws. Children are being traumatized and are dying because of this ridiculousness.
- Safe zones around family planning, Planned Parenthood, and other organizations targeted by right-wing organizations.