Universal Human Rights need to be a core part of how we view the world and how we look at each other. See the first section titled Philosophical Foundations for Change which contains the following sections:
- The 8 Philosophical Pillars for Peace within Humanity
- The Declaration of the Universal Rights of Humanity
- The Universal Declaration of Rights of Mother Earth
- Economies for the Common Good
Department of Equity
We need to create a federal department which researches all forms of inequality and its effects, and then creates policies to combat them. The 8 Philosophical Pillars for Peace within Humanity, specifically the Pillars of Interdependence, Equity, and Justice and Compassion are specifically relevant, as is the Economies for the Common Good.
- All laws requiring or enforcing patriotism or nationalism need to be ended for this divides us from each other and the rest of the world.
- End the recital of the Pledge of Allegiance which was created and modified out of fear of the Red Scare. This could be replaced with a pledge to all of Humanity or the entire Earth which reinforces our interdependence.
- End national hymns, etc.
- End Department of Homeland Security
Immigrants and Refugees
You will also want to check section: US Machine for War and Terrorism.
No people are illegal, especially on stolen land.
- End ICE
- The separation of immigrant children from their parents and imprisoned shall be ended and they ALL shall be returned to their parents.
- Their families shall also be compensated for the extreme violation of their rights.
- Create an immediate path to citizenship for every single family that was effected by the child kidnapping at the border.
- Any politicians and companies that supported this horrific travesty shall be tried and jailed for Crimes Against Humanity.
- Foreign Policy and Immigration
- If we do not want to take in refugees then we need to stop creating them around the world not only through our actions that are tantamount to social, political, and economic warfare, but also through exacerbating climate change and through NOT aggressively fighting against it, as well as promoting and not speaking out against white nationalism, racism, and other bigotries.
- If we have meddled with a country in one form or another, especially through regime change wars, then we should automatically accept immigrants from that country, since we created the problem or have contributed to it.
- A way to deal with immigration should be to stop not only creating refugees and destroying their economies, but also systematically working to quickly move 2nd and 3rd world countries to 1st world status.
- General Immigration Policy
- End all deportations and immediately create a path for anyone to return who has not committed a violent crime.
- It takes more money to attempt to keep immigrants and refugees out then it does to process and accept them. Once they are here legally then they start paying taxes and become productive and free members of society. By not allowing them a viable path towards legal standing we are missing out on their productivity and taxes, as well as their education, skills, and innovation. How many of the US’s Nobel Prize winners and Fortune 500 companies are due to immigrants?
- We should set up a very large immigration center on the US and Mexico border which should include an expedited immigration process, classes on citizenship, cultural integration, housing and job matching with employer and housing partners, and free daily English/ESL classes.
- ESL classes need to be free for all who want them. Paid Time Off should be given off from work in order to attend these classes which could also be taught on work sites too.
- All drugs must be decriminalized, legalized, and regulated.
- Addiction and abuse must be treated as a social health issue.
- Those convicted of non-violent offenses should be immediately released and have records expunged.
- Those who have been imprisoned for drugs should benefit first from drug and hemp legalization.
- Free counseling, education, and job retraining programs should be made immediately available to them to help acclimate them to their new found freedom.
- Have areas manage by public health workers as safe spaces for public drug use.
- We should look heavily into the powerful medical uses of THC and LSD.
- Sex Work:
- Assisted suicide
- needs to be legalized nationwide.
Homelessness and Poverty
- Food and water are Human Rights
- Excess food should be sent to shelters and food pantries instead of wasted, especially since the US throws out 40% of its foods supply each year.
- An organizations should be created to facilitate this process. Tax incentives should also be apart of this solution.
- Housing is a Human Right.
- Excess housing should be used to house the homeless
- It is 3 times cheaper to house the homeless than to not do so.
- Taxes increased on any investment property if there is any level of homelessness in the area.
- If needed, use eminent domain to claim housing or land in order to house the homeless.
- Housing prices need to be regulated to fall between being affordable between the minimum wage (or below) and the maximum wage.
- Federally created Community Universal Housing Developments (CUHD) plan:
- mixed income
- costs from free (universal housing) to proportional to income with emphasis on ending homelessness
- should be created with thoughts of integrating free access:
- child care
- internet and utilities with sustainable energy sources
- locally growing food
- community areas
- light post office service access
- resource sharing services such as library, and sharing bikes, tools, and much more
- spacious living spaces
- small office spaces for tenant use
- green spaces
- sustainable mass transportation options
- fitness center with trainer and nutritionists, etc
- access to more compact coffin living spaces
- could concentrate on purchasing local rundown and abandoned blocks to build upon even potentially using eminent domain
- Clothing is a Human Right.
- Excess clothing should likewise be sent to shelters and food pantries instead of wasted.
- Internet access is a Human Right.
- The Internet should be classified as a public utility and nationalized or municipally owned.
- Costs for internet should be from free to proportional to income. All need access to the internet.
- All energy production should be classified as a public utility and made public and non-profit.
- See Environment and Sustainability policies for more in depth policies.
- Shift to the Metric System
- Shift to the 24 hour clock
- End Daylight Saving which kills people. [ Time Daylight Saving Time (Last Week Tonight) ]
- Adopt a secondary timekeeping global method – metric time
- Reformed International Fixed Calendar (IFC)
Colonialism and Indigenous Genocide
The First Peoples
- Columbus Day needs to be switched to Indigenous People’s Day.
- Attempt to honor the treaties to the First Peoples and return cognizance over their tribal lands to the tribes themselves, instead of having them federally managed.
- Indigenous languages, history, and medicine should be recorded and codified so we do not lose them and so they can be taught. They are an integral and important part of human history
Colonialism and Reparations
- Thanksgiving should be switched to Colonialism Awareness and Reparations Day.
- Apologize and attempt to make reparations for colonialism and genocide of Africans, Native Americans, and other indigenous peoples.
- teach about colonialism, slavery, and structural and systemic racism in schools and through PSA’s
- teach the economic basis for the creation of slavery and racism
- end inequality
- reparations to end the massive level of net wealth disparity between people of color and European Americans.
The US is a melting pot and is becoming more and more diverse every day with religious affiliations as broad as the many sects and denominations of :
- Baha’i Faith
- Native American religions
- Unitarian Universalist
- …and many, many more…
…we need to ensure that our government serves and represents ALL of the people and not just a religious majority. We also need to prevent the many harms and abuses of religions.
- Ban Gay Conversion therapy.
- Ban on Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and Circumcision for anyone under 18 years of age.
- Blue Laws need to be terminated.
- Blasphemy laws need to be ended.
- All laws that require religious tests to hold office must be terminated. They are already unconstitutional.
- Remove religious iconography, phrases, etc from government sponsored things or things on government grounds unless you are willing to allow ALL other religions to do the same and specifically plan for it, otherwise it violates the first amendment. As well:
- remove “In God We Trust” from everything (money, etc).
- remove “under God” from the Pledge of Allegiance (which itself should be ended).
- remove 10 Commandments statues, plaques, etc
- and no selling that public ground to a private organization to get around this for this is a violation of the spirit of the law and the social contract
- Any religious organization that does not report rape, violence or any other form of abuse must be held accountable and jailed if necessary.
- A religious organization cannot have their own private court systems, police forces, or militaries which end up subverting laws, human rights, and harming or killing innocent people.
- Religiously based organizations such as child care centers must NOT have exemptions to health and safety laws. Children are being traumatized and are dying because of this ridiculousness.
- Safe zones around family planning, Planned Parenthood, and other organizations targeted by right-wing organizations.
- Beauty Contests – Stop all beauty contests of all sorts and of all ages, especially kids. We need to celebrate intelligence, ingenuity, creativity, kindness, leadership, fairness, cooperation, and compassion. Let us celebrate things that really matter and that really make a person and the whole world beautiful.