We do NOT have a justice system, we have a legal system. There are plenty of laws, but no justice to be found. The United States has 5% of the world’s population but yet we have 25% of the world’s prisoners. We have proportionally more people imprisoned than China or even Russia during the height of the revolution. Something is very, very wrong here and that has to change.
#BlackLivesMatter #ReformNotPrayers #GunFormNow
#DemilitarizeThePolice #JusticeNotPunishment #MaslowsHierarchyOfNeeds #BiopsychosocialModel
- They need to realize who it is that they are hired to serve. Local law enforcement is not an extension of the federal government or immigration services. They exist to serve and protect their local communities.
- Complete demilitarization of the police not only in equipment, but also in training.
- Ending the training that results in the dehumanizing of the people that they are here to protect and serve
- Crisis Intervention Training (CIT) for all officers
- Mindfulness training
- have training in nonviolent conflict resolution
- be educated in the interdependent factors in social and criminal issues along with methods of solving and preventing the problems (biopsychosocial factors)
- Know of the organizations that can help a person deal with various issues such as homelessness, abuse, hunger, addiction, and so on so their issues can be solved.
- Martial training to be able to disable attackers with as little harm as possible, including group attack/defense training – joint locks, take downs, use of shields, belts, etc…
- Get rid if IQ limit for law enforcement
- Minority officers should be over represented in law enforcement because they are a minority.
- Mandatory body cams. It shall be a felony to turn off the camera.
- You cannot be an officer if you have a history of abuse, violence, or hard drug use, or racism or white nationalism. Such persons such be immediately fired and result in a national blacklisting for all jobs that require a person to care for, monitor, or protect others such as schools, security, nursing homes, etc…
- They must be tested for psychological stability and have required empathy levels. continued therapy will be required.
- White Nationalism needs be declared as a form of terrorism and needs to be prosecuted and pursued as such.
- End prison privatization. All current private prisons should be taken over by the government or shutdown.
- End the school-to-prison pipeline. Anyone who has participated shall be tried for Crimes Against Humanity.
- End prison slave labor.
- Lawyers should all be public servants so that the rich cannot bury a citizen under a lawsuit that they have no hope of combating because they cannot afford a multi-million dollar legal team, which is a favorite tactic for corporations. The field needs to be leveled and the people need a place at the table. Without equal access to quality representation there will be no justice.
- Local law enforcement should NOT be seen as profit centers to power local government which ends up creating harassment of locals and the creation of ticket quotas none of which help increase trust by the community and increases attacks those who are impoverished which only makes their situation worse.
- Fines all throughout the government should be proportional to income that way the rich and corporations will not be effectively immune to punishment while the poor are not imprisoned as a debtors prison. (Finland does this; Municipal Violations (John Oliver)
- Civil Forfeiture needs to be ended or greatly reformed for it violates the principle of innocent until proven guilty. People have their property taken from them for a very long time even when they have done nothing wrong and they have no recourse. Some department even take the things they stole from innocent people for themselves or to fund or equip their department. (Washington Post 2015, Last Week Tonight 2014)
- The Criminal Justice system needs to focus on solving the problems that created the crime as well as remediation, rehabilitation, and counseling (treated as biospychosocial issues), and not punishment for punishment’s sake. Punishment for punishment’s sake does not solve the problem.
- Prisoners still need to be treated like human beings and not caged animals (ie the Nordic prison model). If you treat them like caged animals then that is what you shall end up with.
- Animals should be integrated into the process to help reconnecting – such as caring for cats and dogs.
- Allow prisoners access to many education and training paths to increase their potential once leaving which should also reduce recidivism rates.
- Reduce sentences based on how many books they read, how much education they achieve, or how much yoga they do. (India and a few other countries are doing this)
- End the 3 strikes rule and mandatory minimum sentences.
- Have exercises and games which strengthen their connections to Humanity and the natural world.
- End the death sentence
- Human trafficking (slavery and sex trafficking) is a major problem to attack world wide must be considered a Crime Against Humanity.
- Major intergovernmental task forces world-wide need to attack this issue globally.
- This is one of the only crimes I would consider for the Death Penalty.
- Gun Research and Lobbying
- End embargo on CDC gun violence research.
- End the NRA which is powerful lobbying group for the military industrial complex and has nothing to do with the right of the people.
- Enact an Aggressive Gun Owner License program. Require owners to have:
- gun owner license
- gun insurance
- gun safes
- Mandatory nationwide registry for all guns, gun parts and ammo (public and private).
- Yearly inventory and inspections of guns, ammo, and gun safes
- Yearly gun safety training
- Close gun show and personal sales loophole nationwide.
- Mandatory nationwide universal background checks for ALL sales which should psychological background checks for ALL sales – no guns for abusers, violent criminals, etc.
- Minimum 1 month waiting period – can go longer – takes as long as it takes for background checks, safety first.
- All guns should be sold through and authorized licensed dealer that can comply with laws such as background checks, registry, etc.
- Check out the Japanese model (World Economic Forum)
- Honor No Guns on Premises
- Homes and Businesses have the right to be safe and free and can deny guns on their premises. Your rights end where someone else’s begins.
Purchase of Ammo or Gun Parts
- Must follow all laws as above just like purchasing a full gun
- registration of ammunition purchases
3D Printing of Guns
3D printing of guns should be outlawed or greatly regulated and tracked:
- owners/creators must follow normal gun regulations as above
- registration of schematics in a national database
- traceable ID numbers per part and per gun
- watermarks on gun part so it can be know what design it was printed from to make it more traceable
- allowed only for those with specific licenses
- Assault rifle ban with a buyback program
- Gun ban for:
- domestic abusers, addicts, those with violent records, and those with mental illness.
- I should not have to say this, but also for those who are blind or with significant visual impairment.
- Conceal carry permits only for those:
- with combat experience or continuous advanced tactical training
- who can prove a need, but will require continuous training to improve and increase skills which will be paid by the government due it being a safety issue for the permit holder and the public; they will also be given paid for time off to do so.
- who want a conceal carry but do not have a clear and present need, then they will need to go through a lot of military like training drills so that they will not be a danger to the public – months and months of continuous combat training like a soldier would in order to prepare them for small arms combat in an urban situation and then they can be licensed, but will still required continuing training to maintain license.