last updated: 27 May 2021
War represents the supreme failure of nations to resolve their differences.Jacque Fresco
From a strictly pragmatic standpoint, it is the most inefficient waste of lives and resources ever conceived.
Did you know that:
- War is a Racket by Smedley Butler – YouTube Audio Book or in text form. Read his important book which is, unfortunately, too relevant even today.
- the US has been at war for 222 out of 239 years of its existence?
- the United States spends more money on war then the next 7 countries combined?
- Bushes’ Reign dropped 70,000 bombs in 5 countries, Obama’s reign dropped 100,000 bombs in 7 countries, Trump’s first year dropped 44,000 bombs along with Inexplicably we are running out of bombs
- the US military is the largest global polluter?
- 3% of US Military spending could end global starvation?
- We Have Spent $32 Million Per Hour on War Since 2001 (Common Dreams, Mar 2018)
- We Can Save the Planet by Defunding the Pentagon (Truthout, Sep 2019)
- The CIA is a Terrorist Organization (Second Thought, Nov 2020)
- The planet cannot begin to heal until we rip the mask off the West’s war machine (Jonathan Cook Blog, Nov 2020) – a long but great article.
- War and Military Leaks from Wiki Leaks (including Iraq and Afghanistan)
We can start to heal the horrific moral, psychological, and emotional wounds and trauma our country bears and has inflicted upon the rest of the world by:
- stop sponsoring war and terrorism
- not supporting terrorist regimes for profit
- not being a global terrorist organization ourselves
Also, the great thing about this process is that it does not cost us anything to accomplish this, because through this process we will reclaim the money that currently supports the US’ Global Terrorism Projects (US GTP) and redirect it to support the people, peace, the environment, stopping climate change, and NASA. This alone will help to afford much of everything else on this site because of the massive return on investment from such powerful projects.
I. War Profiteering
A. US War Spending
The United States is not really a country anymore. It is the largest supranational corporate conglomerate with its own private military which is, by far, the largest in the world, and, by virtue, America’s largest export is terrorism. =(James E. O’Neill IV
Because most defense spending since WWII has not been about freedom or defense, but has been about corporate profits driven by the the Four Deadly Industries (banking, defense industry, fossil fuel, and pharmaceutical industries) we need to:
- Cut the defense budget by 75% to start. Even with a 75% cut we will still have the largest military budget in the world.
- Close all of our global military bases except for maybe one per geopolitical area.
- The Pentagon will have to answer for its lost trillions and people will go to jail.
- The global policing slack left by the vacuum of the US’ reduction will have to picked up by a global military force which is hopefully driven by the 8 Philosophical Pillars and the other philosophical foundations.
B. Defense and Weapons Contractors
I love the war in Yemen.Marillyn Hewson, CEO of Lockheed Martin
It is great for profits!
- Non-Profit: They should be true non-profit organizations, for to profit from war and violence is to need war, violence, and conflict, which guarantees that war and the destruction of human lives shall never end due to the need to drive perpetual corporate profits and therefore perpetual war.
- Extra Taxation: They should also be subject to a significant taxation because selling death and war should not be an industry to profit from easily.
- End Contracts: All contracts for weapons to all foreign entities shall be nullified unless they meet ethical and philosophical requirements from the Economies for the Common Good (to which we will also have to meet).
- End Private Military Organizations: Private Paramilitary and Black Ops Organizations (PPBOO) shall be completely disbanded, and their arms and armor reclaimed. To Profit from war means a need for endless war and conflict.
C. Austerity Measures and Economic Warfare
- Especially as implemented through the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Austerity Measures are economic warfare and should be abhorred and prevented for it usurps national sovereignty and it strips natural resources from its people and casts them into poverty, while allowing US companies to profit from such processes which is highly unethical and abhorrent.
- All austerity based loans need to be terminated with extreme prejudice.
- All foreign companies that have gained from such processes must return such resources and industries back to the ownership of their respective countries.
- All IMF loans and other global national loans:
- …must NOT be based upon austerity or the subversion of sovereign resources for foreign use
- …but must be based upon increasing quality of life such as reducing poverty and homelessness, or increasing education, clean water, recycling, sustainable energy, etc. Such loans and other assistance must also meet Economies for the Common Good values.
II. Domestic Control
A. End Domestic Control Organizations and Laws
We need to end:
- Patriot Act
- Homeland Security
- ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement)
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- End the part of the NDAA which allows the government to use propaganda vs US citizens.
B. Reclaim Armistice Day
Armistice Day was originally created as a day to commemorate the end of World War I, to commemorate the end of war and the beginning of peace. It was then renamed to Veterans day to honor those who served in the military, especially those who died. This was a subtle shift to celebrate not the end of war, not the beginning of peace, but to celebrate those who served which ensures that on this day that we do NOT concentrate on peace or on ending war, but to glorify those who die for the corporate required wars.
We need to return this holiday to Armistice Day so we can celebrate the ending of wars and talking about peace so that we do NOT glorify humans killing humans for corporate profit. We need a day where we nationally celebrate peace and end ending of wars, where we teach peace in our classrooms and in the news, a day which will save the lives of our children globally. I first wrote about Armistice Day here in A Veteran’s Reflection on Veterans Day.
This is an amazing video Reclaiming Armistice Day (Acronym TV, Nov 2015) which covers this topic well:
- Video Info
- Text Info
III. Stop Supporting and Creating Terrorists and Terrorist States
A. CIA Sponsored Death Squads in the Middle East
Since this method has ended up in only more death, pollution, and poverty the CIA and other US governmental agencies, should stop creating (funding, training, and arming) terrorist organizations such as:
- Al Queda
B. Stop Terrorizing and Overthrowing Governments
Pull out of the Middle East and completely stop the flow of money and resources from the US to that area, especially to buy oil, unless it is to assist in rebuilding without using US contractors, only using local contractors, or this becomes a money grab like it already is – Haliburton.
We need to stop assassinating leaders and sponsoring the overthrow of governments for corporate profit, especially when they decide to shift away from the US Dollar, so we can usurp national resources, or for any other broken reason. This has never worked out and only ends up with the people suffering and creating refugees.
Our victims include these and many, many, many others:
C. Stop Supporting Terrorism and Terrorist States
We need to completely stop supporting terrorist states and those with massive human rights violations such as:
- Arabic states
We need to not only stop supporting these states, but we also need to Boycott, Divest, and Sanction (BDS) them too.
2. Israel and Palestine
I am not sure what the full answer is here, but we can start with a two state solution of some sort:
- The Terrorist State of Israel Guilty of War Crimes and Genocide
- Israel shall be declared as a terrorist organization which is responsible for genocide, war crimes, and Crimes Against Humanity.
- A UN resolution shall be passed condemning Israel and their genocidal regime.
- AIPAC must register as a foreign lobbying organization for a terrorist organization and it should be dealt with appropriately.
- Israeli officials shall be charged with war crimes at the Hague as well as for their massive number of violations of international law.
- Israel shall pay reparations for the genocide and war crimes they have committed.
- Israel shall give back ALL the land that it has illegally taken since the 1947 treaty.
- Boycott, Divest, and Sanction Israel
- The US shall immediately stop the ~$4 billion in yearly payments to Israel.
- The financial accounts of the Israeli government and high level government officials shall be frozen.
- Sanctions shall be imposed upon Israel.
- Immediately recognize Palestine
- Open embassy in Palestine
- An international peace-keeping/defense military force should be dispatched to protect Palestinians from Israel’s genocide.
- Trillions is global aid shall be sent to Palestine in order to setup their infrastructure and to give them military defense (under conditions).
3. Ending the War on Drugs
- We need to end the War on Drugs by legalizing ALL drugs and then regulating them.
- Also the CIA needs to stop funding, training, and supplying the drug cartels and benefitting from the global drug trade.
IV. Immigrants and Refugees
V. Nuclear Arms
- Resign 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty with Russia
- Sign the recent Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons (TPNW)
- Nuclear war needs to be outlawed internationally as a Crime Against Humanity and a Crime Against Nature.
- Complete and total global nuclear disarmament including nuclear reactors – no exceptions.
- Completely recycle nuclear arms
- Turn missile silos into sustainable bunkers to help the peoples of the world to prepare for the 6th Great Extinction and the horrors of climate change and the brutal self-inflicted disasters to come.
- Nuclear weapons are for cowards.
VI. Department of Peace
We need to create a federal department which concentrates on fomenting, creating, and supporting peace globally. The 8 Philosophical Pillars for Peace within Humanity, specifically the Pillars of Interdependence, Equity, and Justice and Compassion are specifically relevant, as is the Economies for the Common Good.
A. Destruction of Inequality
Because inequality is THE primary driver for war, crime, pollution, poverty, exploitation, and suffering – a primary goal of this department would be researching inequality and its effects (domestically and globally) and then to create policies to combat them. They will work with the other federal and state and local departments to enact the required changes to work towards global peace and inequality reduction. Much of my policies here on Interstellar New Deal are aimed at doing just that already, and there is A LOT of research on this topic already.
Read the following books from the books you need to read for more info: The Spirit Level, The Inner Level, and The New Human Rights Movement. Also the Kerner Report and other similar government reports which talk about the same things.
B. Global Prosperity Means “Global” Prosperity
1. Refugees and Immigration
We do not have issues with immigration or refugees from Europe. Why? Because they are 1st world nations. If we want to solve an issue such as refugees and immigration then we must work as quickly as possible to lift ALL nations to 1st world status.
2. Humanity’s Lost Prodigies
This is even more horrific to think of when we take into account all of those millions of people who have suffered or died in poverty when they did not need to. How many children and families were not able to live up to their potential or never even had the chance to try? This is a literal Crime Against Humanity not only because of the harms and inhumanity inflicted upon the families and the children, and society at large, but also because of the decades and decades of lost progress that we could have had.
Just think of this… How many prodigies and their potential breakthroughs, revelations, or innovations have we lost? How much farther would we be ahead today? How many diseases would be cured? How many new technological innovations would their be? How many centuries of social and scientific progress have we lost due to Humanity allowing poverty and homelessness to be inflicted upon its families?
As a globalized civilization we have only but to gain in innovation, research, and prosperity if all countries are lifted up to 1st world status. Check out this amazing video which talks about this possibility: A Selfish Argument for Making the World a Better Place – Egoistic Altruism (Kurzgesagt, Mar 2018)
C. Funding the Department of Peace (and Global Peace)
1. Funding for Department
Immediate funding for this Department and it’s works could be gained by the ending of these departments from End Domestic Control Organizations:
- Homeland Security
- ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement)
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
2. Funding for Programs
ODA – Instead of the US sending money to support terrorist organizations (such as Israel) and countries with significant human rights abuses (Arab states, China), the US should be throwing its economic weight around to lift emerging countries up. This is especially important because the Overseas Development Assistance (ODA) through the UN has massively failed in its duties. Work in enlivening this needs to be done too.
3. Reparations for Colonialism and Imperialism
See the section on Reparations in my Environmental and Sustainability policies.