If, somehow, we have managed to implement most all of my Global Domestic Policies while Planning for an Interstellar Humanity, then the next natural evolutionary step will be the transition to a post-scarcity society or what is called a Resource Based Economy (RBE). Evolving beyond our species’ infancy and into the adulthood found in becoming a peaceful and united interstellar species will also require this evolutionary step otherwise war, poverty, competition, and climate change will surely destroy us first.
Ridding Humanity of global inequality, war, poverty, and suffering will only be truly possible once we have evolved beyond the horrors of competition, profit no matter the cost, and division caused by monetary systems and into a Resource Based Economy, for there are no other roads which will lead to a radical and wonderful level of equality, progress, peace, as well as a united Humanity.
We do not know what it takes to get there yet, because there have not been any post-scarcity societies in existence yet, but we must aim for this because Humanity’s very existence will depend upon us making this transition.
Many of the policies stated in this site have been added in order to prepare Humanity for this eventual and amazing step, to get us to a point where the transition to a Resource Based Economy is the next logical step.
We can accomplish this amazing feat.
We have the knowledge.
We have the technology.
We have the resources.
We just need to find the will to make it happen.
Essential Reading for Understanding Humanity’s Structural Root Causes
Note: I will fill this out more later, but this is enough to get you started.
If you have NOT taken the time to read the books I recommend from the Introduction section:
… then please take the time to do that, because I can only give you a hint of the revelations that they contain. You will not be disappointed. I will wait here while you read them.
If you have already read those books, then the rest of this section will already make an incredible amount of sense to you. Here is the short break down of how those amazing books connect some very important dots for you:
- The Universal Harms of Income Inequality – The Spirit Level and The Inner Level explain how income inequality causes many of society’s problems: teenage pregnancy, maternal death, rates of incarceration, literacy, rates of crime, life expectancy, social trust, and so much more. These problems affect ALL of us including the rich and the poor too. The rich here live shorter lives than those in more equal countries. Everyone is affected by the harms of inequality.
- Monetary Systems Cause Income Inequality – Obviously, we cannot have income inequality without the presence of income, which requires monetary systems to even be a thing, so monetary systems by their very existence create income inequality and a host of other related problems. Both The New Human Rights Movement and the Best Future that Money Can’t Buy tackle the issues with monetary systems and how they create our many, many problems.
- The New Human Rights Movement tackles explaining it from a powerful and studied academic standpoint and it is an amazing read.
- The Best Future Money Can’t Buy tackles this with logic and an amazing understanding of human nature.
- A Radically Equal and Free Society that is Intelligently Managed While Taking Advantage of Technological Advancements is the Answer – Both The New Human Rights Movement and The Best Future that Money Can’t Buy also show us how to solve the income inequality and monetary system problem by recommending a powerful socioeconomic answer – a Resource Based Economy.
- The New Human Rights Movement tackles explaining it from a powerful and studied academic standpoint and it is a amazing read.
- The Best Future Money Can’t Buy tackles this with logic, but more importantly it tackles it by presenting a Resource Based Economy with vision and beautiful visuals so you can see what it may look like and how it may manifest.
My post The Cancer of Capitalism and Its Antidote, which was written 2 years ago (2017), crudely covers this issue (prior to knowing about the income inequality part) and directs you to both of the last two books which talk about why monetary systems cause our many issues and and why it is imperative that Humanity evolve beyond monetary systems and into a Resource Based Economy.
<insert post to read here: The Cancer of Capitalism and Its Antidote>
My post explains many things, however, more importantly, at the end of that post I also provide passive (videos) and active (reading) learning paths for your to pursue. There are quite a few videos there for your to watch so you can immerse yourself into this amazing topic.
Here is a quick video (~ 4 minutes long) from The Venus Project which gives you an overview of what a Resource Based Economy is:
Please check my post for more ideas, resources, and videos to further your understanding of what a Resource Based Economy is. I really need write a massive update to my above post which integrates the revelations from The Spirit Level and The Inner Level. Hopefully, someday I will have the time. Hmmm…
At the end of the day, continuing to operate our civilization through the use of monetary systems will only end up with a dystopian future like we are starting to see emerge now with our collective ecocide through Climate Change with much of the world, especially the United States, doing nothing about it. Such continued idiocy will only end up with Earth ending up first like the deserted, violent, and desperate wasteland of Mad Max, and then eventually like the deserted hellscape of the planet Venus which has clouds and rain made of sulfuric acid is most likely a good example of what happens when greenhouse gases run out of control. The transition is already beginning with the hottests years on record occurring with the last few years.
I am pretty sure that is not what we want – Earth to become a hellscape like the world of Mad Max or Venus, right?
We have the ability to stop all of those horrors from happening by working towards stopping pollution, cleaning up and remediating natural spaces, and working together as a Humanity united in forging our collective salvation and progress. Once we have saved ourselves from a Venusian annihilation then, together we can work together to make our existence and world great for all of us.
We have the knowledge.
We have the technology.
We have the resources.
We just have to find the will do make it so.
Learn More About Resource Based Economies
My Other RBE Posts
My Cancer of Capitalism post has links to these posts too, but I will post my other RBE posts here too:
- Productivity and Motivation?
- How will a Resource Based Economy work? What will it look like?
- Human Nature, Competition, Employment, and Housing within a Resource Based Economy Benefits of a Resource Based Economy for Industries and Businesses
- Some Technical Steps Towards Implementing a Global Resource Based Economy
RBE Political Party – The Money Free Party
If you really, want to get down with the sickness, then you may want to look at the Resource Based Economy based party called the Money Free Party. I know, it really sounds strange. Just take a look at what Steve Saylor has to say – he has nine videos for you, but here is the first to get you started:
Here are the rest of the videos if you would like to learn more: Money Free Party Campaign Videos with Steve Saylor.
- Money Free Party USA
- Money Free Party USA (Facebook)
- Money Free Party (Twitter)
- Money Free Party (Wikipedia)
Other Related Posts
- Uniting Humanity
- Global Citizenship
- Universal Declarations
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights (This the closest thing I have to a religious document)
- Universal Declaration of Linguistic Rights
- Universal Declaration on the Human Genome and Human Rights
- Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights